- Mgeni Ally Ahmed
- Haulat Yussuf Jumea
- Salma Said Tumba
- Abeid S. Said
- Sharifa Seif Ibrahim
- Ali Said Mohammed
- Carrie Matiku
- Laurence Dworkin
- Living with HIV
- Stigmatisation and discrimination
- Care and support
- Hope and dreams
Shot in Zanzibar, Marafiki (meaning friends) is a story about two girls dealing with their HIV+ status and the discrimination they face. With the help of friends, family and a support group, these two strong characters learn not to lose hope as they tell us their plans for the future.
Questions for discussion:
- How do you feel about this film?
- What is the film about?
- Why do we stigmatise and discriminate people living with HIV?
- What would you do if you would find out that you were HIV+?
- What helped the two girls to accept themselves and stay strong?
- What would you do to encourage Haulat and Mgeni to achieve their dreams?
- How can we support people who are affected by HIV and AIDS?