KHOKO’S STORY 00:07:28
- Akhona Mangwane
- Sibabalwe Nxadi
- Kuthala Xhaka
- Miki Redelinghuys
- Tim Wege
- Being affected by HIV
- Care and support
We meet three friends: Akhona, Sibabalwe and Kuthala. Akhona helps take care of her mother who is HIV+. Her two friends support her during this difficult time, playing with her and assisting her at school. This short film shows us how important love and friendship are to people living or dealing with HIV.
Questions for discussion:
- How does the film make you feel?
- What is the film about?
- How did Akhona deal with her mother being ill?
- How do Khuthala and Sibalwe help Akhona deal with her situation?
- Would you disclose your own HIV positive status or that of a family member?
- How can you support someone, who is living with HIV or has got a relative or loved one living with HIV?