KEITUMETSE’S HOUSE 00:07:33
- Orphans and HIV
- Child-headed households
- Care and support
Keitumetse is a young woman whose parents have died. Living in a village in Botswana, she becomes the sole breadwinner of the family and takes on the role of the parent, raising both her younger siblings and her son. She joins the organisation CEYOHO, where she finds support and strength. Through her work she learns to live a positive and healthy life.
Questions for discussion:
- How does the film make you feel?
- What is this film about?
- What challenges do orphans and vulnerable children face?
- What does Keitumetse do to cope with her situation?
- What could her brothers do to make it easier for them to live together?
- Why do you think it helps to join a group where others are dealing with similar situations?